Budget Cooking...Comfort & Gourmet!
Thursday, May 20, 2010
Satisfying Spinach Pizza
Why pay $3 for a slice of pizza from the mall?
Satiate your craving for pizza while enjoying the nourishing benefits of spinach.
Grating your own Mozzarella Cheese is the way to go. No additional preservatives.
Add Salt & Pepper
Chop the Spinach
Dough for 3 pizzas
8 oz. Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese (grated)
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
about 8 oz fresh Baby Spinach Leaves
3 fresh pressed cloves of Garlic
1. Grate Mozzarella Cheese. Set Aside.
2. Heat Olive Oil in pan.
3. Add Spinach
5. Add Fresh Cracked Pepper & Salt.
6. Add Pressed Garlic Cloves.
7. Wilt the Spinach. Remove from heat. Place Spinach on a Cutting Board. Chop the Spinach. Set Aside.
8. Spread Pizza Sauce over the prepared dough
9. Dot the Chopped Spinach on top of the sauce.
10. Add Parmesan and Grated Mozzarella Cheese.
11. Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 12-15 Minutes.