Budget Cooking...Comfort & Gourmet!

Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

BLT Sandwich



Every once in a while, I get a craving for bacon.
Use your favorite items. Turkey Bacon with cracked pepper is an awesome alternative to those who choose not to eat Red Meat.



Aldi is my FAVORITE supermarket. A perk of shopping there was finding These Organic Vine Ripened Tomatoes for just $2.49.


Romaine Lettuce Hearts are a favorite in our home.



These are my a couple of my favorite breads.



This simple sandwich is very satisfying.



Helpful Tips:
Heat a large skillet before adding bacon.
Drain excess grease to prevent burning.
Use paper towels to drain bacon.
- While bacon is cooking:
- Toast bread if desired
- Add mayo to bread slices.
- Slice tomatoes
- Cut up lettuce
Add fresh cracked pepper if desired.

My family was so eager to eat these sandwiches, I was unable to snap a photo of the complete sandwich LOL

Helpful Kitchen Tools:

I used the original PC bread knife from my kit. It used to sell for $8. I believe it is discontiued. You may still be able to find it on ebay. Great for slicing the tomatoes & the finished sandwich.
The current one sells for $19.50

Bread Knife
The nonstick serrated blade gently slices breads, tomatoes, angel food cakes. 8" blade.


Large Grooved Cutting Board $30.00
Two boards in one! One side is flat, the other features a generous 3/4 cup capacity groove to catch excess juices from meat and fruit. 18" x 12".


All Purpose Spreader $4.00
Split bagels and add cream cheese or top a sandwich with your favorite spread. Its new contoured handle looks great in the kitchen and on the table! 4" serrated blade. Dishwasher-safe.


Buy your kitchen tools @
www.pamperedchef.com

What do you think?

2 comments:

Missy said...

This type of sandwich is a staple in my diet but because I am a vegetarian, I use a smoked provolone to still get the bacon flavor. Sometimes, I use mushrooms for the chewy texture. Love these on a summer night when you don't want to fire up the oven...even in the winter with a nice hot soup it's fabulous!!

Missd ya girl. Hope all is well.

1xellus1 said...

Hey Missy! Thanks so much for your comments. I am very sure they will be most helpful to any who choose not to eat meat. Sounds YUMMAY! My grandmother just used to do salads & sandwiches when it was super hot. Or she'd fry up some fish/chicken/steak early b4 the heat of the day. We used to have salad w/ that.

I have been posting up a storm on the makeup blog. It's alot easier to maintain. The cooking requires a great deal of preparation. LOL Fam is always ready to eat, but is my camera battery charged? LOL

Thanks for continuing to support me. :O)Love ur comments. Yes, all is well. Hope things are the same for you!