Budget Cooking...Comfort & Gourmet!

Pages

Monday, October 12, 2009

Cherry Cheesecake (Dairy Free! NO CASEIN)



One of my children has a milk protein allergy.
I am always tweaking traditional recipes so that she will not feel left out.
Many family & friends requested I bring my cherry cheesecake to various gatherings over the years. I decided to recreate the recipe without the use of cream cheese, but using Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese as a substitute.











Ingredients

One Oreo Chocolate Crumb Ready-Made Crust
Two 8oz containers Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese
2/3 to 3/4 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 Can Cherry Pie Filling

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Mix Cream Cheese Substitute with sugar, eggs & vanilla using hand mixer.
Pour into Ready Made Crust.
Bake in Oven for 40-50 minutes.
Let cool.
Top with Cherry Pie Filling
Refrigerate

Enjoy!



It has been my experience that using soy in baking results in a more dense result.
The texture & density will vary from that of traditional cheesecake.
If you want to make regular Cheesecake, swap out the tofutti for 2 8oz pks of cream cheese.



Check Out Toffuti Products

No comments: