Budget Cooking...Comfort & Gourmet!

Pages

Monday, December 14, 2009

Emeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning (Bayou Blast)



Upcoming Recipe: Cajun Inspired Jambalaya
The recipe required Emeril's Essence Creole Seasoning, so I decided to make it from scratch.

Start with Paprika



I used Sea Salt



Add Garlic Powder



Add Onion Powder (I ran out, used what was left)



Add Cayenne
(I was afraid to add the amount called for in the recipe, but I did it anyway)



Add Oregano (I didn't have enough, so I used Italian Seasoning)




Add Thyme




OOPS! Forgot the Black Pepper











Emeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning (also referred to as Bayou Blast)

INGREDIENTS

2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
2 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon dried thyme

DIRECTIONS

Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
Transfer items to an empty spice jar/bottle.
I used a piece of paper fashioned as a funnel to facilitate this process.

Emeril's Website

No comments: