I love it because it is something I can whip up quickly using basic items from my pantry.
3 tbsp Best Life Margarine Spread
1 tbsp Olive Oil
5 cloves fresh pressed Garlic
2 small Yellow Onions Chopped
5 Carrots sliced
4 Celery stalks (hearts) sliced
3 Russet Potatoes quartered and sliced
1 16 oz poly bag of thawed frozen corn
1 box of Chicken Stock
1 jar of Clam Juice
2 cans of Chopped Clams with juice
2 tsp Garlic Powder
Sea Salt to taste
Fresh Cracked Black Pepper to taste
1/2 pint Light Cream or 1 can of Evaporated Milk
1 tsp dried Thyme
If you desire to thicken your chowder you may add cornstarch dissolved in cold water.
If you do not eat seafood, you may replace the clam juice with additional Chicken Stock.
You may add chopped Chicken Breasts to make this Chicken Corn Chowder
If you do not eat meat, you may substitute vegetable stock and mushrooms for the dairy/meat.
1. Wash Veggies (minus potatoes). Peel Carrots, Onions and Garlic. Dice, slice and press as desired.
2. In a large heavy bottomed stock pan, melt/heat the fat.
3. Sautee veggies until soft.
4. Add chopped Clams with juice.
5. Add Clam Juice.
6. Add Chicken Stock
7. Add Potaotes.
8. Bring to a boil.
9. Add Sea Salt, Garlic Powder, Crushed Black Pepper.
10. Add thawed Corn.
11. Reduce heat to a simmer.
12. Add Cream.
13. Reduce until desired thickness is achieved.
14. Add Thyme.
15. Serve with warm Italian Bread or Oyster Crackers.