Budget Cooking...Comfort & Gourmet!
Saturday, August 7, 2010
2 ribs celery diced
1/2 green bell pepper
2 packages Imitation Crab meat (flake style)
* you could absolutely use real crab meat for this recipe. We chose to use the Imitation Crab meat because it doesn't have the cholesterol of the genuine crab meat.
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1/2 tsp white pepper
Croissant Rolls sliced in half and toasted
Potato Hot dog Rolls toasted
1. Wash and trip Celery and Bell Pepper. Dice and set aside.
2. Flake the Imitation Crab meat
3. Add diced veggies
Mix Well. I used a silicone spatula. You may want to use something soft so you will not break up the delicate meat.
4. Add Mayonnaise and Rice Vinegar. Stir
5. Refrigerate. This should be served ice cold.
6. Shred Lettuce. Set Aside.
7. Toast Bread of choice.
8. Place shredded lettuce on bread. Top with Seafood Salad.
These Croissants were half price in the bakery section of my local supermarket!
Such items are a bargain. They also freeze very well.
I intended to use the salad shrimp for this recipe, but changed my mind. I'm making egg rolls tomorrow. I used two packages of the Imitation Crab meat Instead.