Budget Cooking...Comfort & Gourmet!

Pages

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Getting Your Mind RIGHT for Changing to a Plant Based Diet

Thoughts precipitate actions.
A part of learning to change one's eating habits involves gathering information, meditating on it and then putting it into practice.

I watched quite a few movies on netflix to help me to get my mind right for such a change.
I neglected to share that I was raised vegan. Prior to that my family did not consume pork.
My sister and I were very underweight and the pediatrician suggested my mother incorporate eggs, fish and chicken to our diet so that we would not be anemic, and be in the proper percentiles for our age and height.
I felt deprived as a child. After all, everyone else at lunch was eating bologna and cheese sandwiches while I was eating Crazy Richard's Peanut Butter on Rice Cake sandwiches. Once I became a young adult, I decided to make my own choices regarding what foods I would enjoy. I tried a little bit of everything. Being a Vegan was the last thing on my mind.

Here are a few trailers for movies that I watched on netflix to help me make a change.
I hope that you take time to watch the movies if you are contemplating such a change for yourself.
If you make any changes or currently embrace a plant based diet, please share your thoughts on why making such a change is helpful to you personally in the comments. Thank you for your time. 

Vegucated




 Forks Over Knives



Engine 2 Kitchen Rescue
 



Food Matters


No comments: