Budget Cooking...Comfort & Gourmet!
Monday, July 19, 2010
Crispy Oven "Fried" Turkey Chops
In an effort to remain ever conscious of eating healthily without sacrificing taste, I used this recipe. Baking the chops is healthier than pan frying them in oil.
1.25 pounds of Turkey Chops
1 well beaten egg
1/2 french fried onions
1/4 cup Panko Flakes
1 tsp Lawry's Seasoning Salt
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
1 tbsp Oil (I used Canola)
1. Assemble coarse breading mixture.
2. Add french fried onions to a plastic bag.
3. Crush them with a pastry roller.
4. To a medium bowl, add Panko, french fried crumbs, seasoning salt, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and black pepper. Mix well. Add oil. Mix well.
5. Coat chops with well beaten egg mixture.
6. Bread with coarse breading mixture.
7. Cook at 425 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes depending on the thickness of your chops.