Budget Cooking...Comfort & Gourmet!

Pages

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Homemade Croutons


These taste so much better than the store bought variety.
No preservatives! Try this. (Special thanks from Brooke for the inspiration)

INGREDIENTS

1 loaf of french bread (or 1 1/2 hoagie rolls)
Olive Oil
1 tsp Sea Salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp oregano
1 or 2 fresh pressed garlic cloves (optional)















DIRECTIONS

1. Slice the bread in half lengthwise
2. Cut it into cubes
3. Drizzle with olive oil
4. Toss (I used my hands, but you may use tongs if you prefer)
5. Add salt, pepper, and other seasonings.
6. Add pressed garlic cloves.
7. Toss
8. Bake in the oven on 400 for 15 minutes.
9. Allow to cool.
10. Serve over salad or on soup.



If there are any leftovers, Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

Delicious!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I never tried making my own. Its so easy and I bet tasier. Now I'm curious.

1xellus1 said...

@ Hell Notes for Beauty...Yes, super easy & way more tasty! You'll never go back. LOL Thanks for commenting