Budget Cooking...Comfort & Gourmet!
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Dirty Rice Updated - (With Step By Step Photos)
This is so delicious! It can be served as a side dish or a main dish.
Saute In Oil
Brown Meat and Add Seasoning, Stir
Stir In Cooked Rice, Add Seasoning, Stir
4 Cups of Rice Cooked in Rice Cooker
4 Cups of Water
you may add 4 bouillon cubes to the water for more flavor
or substitute 4 cups of broth/stock
1 - 2 lbs Ground Turkey (or loose crumbled Boca Burger)
2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
2 ribs of celery diced
1 Bell Pepper Minced
1 Onion Minced
2 Garlic Clove Minced
(If you are really trying to stretch the meal, you may certainly use 1/2 minced bell pepper and 1/2 minced onion...the idea is to impart the flavors to the dish)
Emeril's Bayou Blast to taste (I used 2 tbsp divided)Click
HERE for recipe
Emeril's Essence to taste (I used 2 tbsp divided)
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Cayenne Pepper
- Chopped Fresh Parsley
1. Prepare Rice and Water in rice cooker.
2. While Rice is cooking, add oil to a separate heavy stock pot.
3. Add minced vegetables
4. Leaving the vegetables in the pot, brown the ground meat.
5. Add half of the seasoning to the meat.
6. After rice is cooked, fluff it and add it to the sauteed vegetables and ground meat.
7. Add the remaining half of the seasoning. Stir well.